Sunday, November 28, 2010

FLATUS Show 259 - 556 year old dead girl has a wikipedia entry***828-FLATUS8***

In this episode: Hello! Flatus Show listeners. This week I made the 1907 chocolate cake for my nephew's birthday. I also cooked the Thanksgiving turkey again and it came out superbly! I am finished with the performances of Two Gentlemen of Verona and I am looking forward to doing The Tempest in February 2011. Yeah! I have a new phone number (828) FLATUS8! Doesn't that rock!, but the old one works too, so you can use that as well. I found a new source for reading Brenda Starr online. If you have any questions, or comments leave them on the blog or call me at 206-984-3617. Enjoy and thanks so much for listening.
The Flatus Show 259
Creative Commons License

The Flatus Show Store
CRISCO
PRICASSO.com
Art Hag
The Tempest
Joan Sutherland sings to a goat!
The New Dr. Price Cookbook
Malebots
Betty Crocker Lovelight Chiffon Cake
The NAVY Seal Physical Fitness Guide
Drive-In Cult Classics - 8 Movie Set at about $6 bucks! Wow! And it includes "Malibu High"!
German Volume Training
K E N T I E on YouTube!
Retro Food Kink
BRENDA STARR
If you want to be part of the show [and Jose & Mellie would like that] you can reach me at: EMAIL: flatusshow@gmail.com
Here is the RSS feed, so you can subscribe with whatever aggregator floats your boat: FLATUS Show RSS Subscribe through iTunes with one click! Click HERE to subscribe with iTunes
jose-2
jose-2

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 License.

2 comments:

Toppie Smellie said...

I was sorta weirded out by your voice this episode. At first I thought you had a new mic until you explained you had a cold (feeling better now I hope).

There was something about this episode -- maybe 'cause you were discom-boobi-lated -- but it caught a more spastic(in a good way) and spontaneous side of you I haven't heard on the show before. I really... REALLY liked listening to that opera segment WHILE you were there listening to it too with me and being able to hear your quips and comments.

I found this idea about the "Mad scenes" in opera being a (apparently) common theme or device inherent to the medium to be fascinating. It leads me to wonder what other kinds of "scenes" there are in opera that have become common or traditional.

And of course, I have to tell you that I am overjoyed at the return of "Phyllis the Twin." Why do I find this era and style of story-telling so pleasing? I was hanging on every word.

HAH!! I had forgotten that you had made up a theme song for it!

As always, enjoying your work.

-- Toppie

Kentie said...

Thanks Toppie. I am sounding much better. I went to the gym last night and ran the virus dog-gone tired. I think it is leaving my body from sheer exhaustion.

I will have to talk other types of scenes that have become fodder in opera. Of course, Opera has changed, but I'll do my best.

As for Phyllis, I am glad you mentioned that it was missing. I thought I had gotten rid of the book and then I found it. Listening to it, I just realized how good it was. More will come!

Thanks for listening!

Kentie