Sunday, March 13, 2011

FLATUS Show 273 - This is what was said by Joseph Stalin***828-FLATUS8***

In this episode: Hello! Flatus Show listeners. Rehearsal for the Spring Shakespeare Birthday celebration is under way. I am playing an original piece for recorder I composed. You can hear it on this episode, though I can tell you I will be making changes. Checkout Retrofoodkink.com for exciting recipes. I got an iPhone so if you have one we can have FACETIME together! or email me any time and I can respond most of the time. If you have any questions, or comments leave them on the blog or call me at 206-984-3617. Enjoy and thanks so much for listening.
The Flatus Show 273
Creative Commons License

The Flatus Show Store
CRISCO
Asherah
Art Hag
Unknown creature with big nuts found in Saudi Arabia
Hello Waffles
The New Dr. Price Cookbook
Hermes Press
Charlie Sheen
The NAVY Seal Physical Fitness Guide
Drive-In Cult Classics - 8 Movie Set at about $4 bucks! Wow! And it includes "Malibu High"!
Milton Babbitt sets Madison
K E N T I E on YouTube!
Retro Food Kink
Nil Desperandum
BRENDA STARR
If you want to be part of the show [and Jose & Mellie would like that] you can reach me at: EMAIL: flatusshow@gmail.com
Here is the RSS feed, so you can subscribe with whatever aggregator floats your boat: FLATUS Show RSS Subscribe through iTunes with one click! Click HERE to subscribe with iTunes
jose-2
jose-2

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 License.

2 comments:

Toppie Smellie said...

One of the things I have been thinking about for a couple - three Flatus episodes now is the subject matter that opera culls to tell stories.

For many moons now, I have always thought of opera as too "high-brow" or too elitist or just too too.

Now granted, my exposure to it is still rather limited -- however -- I notice that the stories operas tend to tell are really rather sensationalistic!

It's all about Sex! Betrayal! Murder! Incest! Subject matter many people nowadays tune into the Jerry Springer show to see.

It occurs to me that while the art form is very complex (compared to today's standards of dance, theater and song)the subject matter is and always has been of base and lurid origins.

Which I guess just shows to go you that audiences of today aren't all that different from audiences of the past. What has changed more is how we tell our stories.

This is probably all academic to you Kentie, but I just wanted you to know how interesting it has been for me to be exposed to an art form that has previously seemed beyond my reach.

I have been enjoying learning more about it through The Flatus Show, The Dark Forest and more recently, Hello Waffles.

Kalv1n said...

Interesting discussion on democracy and de toque. Reminds me of that series you played a while back which was great. Xtians are a,amazing in doing wacky conflicting things. Actually May 21, 2011 is the apocolypse, look it up! Not sure how I feel about comedy and tragedy. I think all comedy comes from a place of pain. I think comedy is really strange actually. Maybe I'll do the beef cure. Mmm...It's so crazy to me that people think Judaism was historically monotheistic! It's so clearly not. The God of the OT is the last set of values I would ever 'worship'. Down with a priori texts! Just saw a segment on Euromaxx about recorders which I've always liked. Enjoyed your piece. Kind of eastern folk sounding in a way.

So interesting to see Toppie's comments re: opera. And yeah, opera is pretty dramatic in many cases, but frequently only in the story and not necessarily on the stage.